A friend who doesn't usually get politically involved has sent me this equation
Canada Pensions... For those who never received this email.
Only in Canada
* In Canada, instead of applying for Old Age Pension, you should rather apply for the Status of Refugee.
* It IS interesting to know that the federal Government of Canada allows :
- A monthly pension of : $1,890.00 to a simple refugee
- plus : 580.00 in social aid
- A grand total of : $2,470.00 monthly
X 12 months
$28,920.00 annual income
· By comparison, the Old Age Pension of a senior citizen who has contributed to the development of Our Beautiful Big Country during 40 or 50 years, CANNOT receive more than :
- Amount/month $1,012.00 in Old Age Pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement
X 12 months
$12,144.00 annual income
- A difference of : $16,776.00 per year
* Perhaps our senior citizens should ask for the Status of Refugees instead of applying for Old Age Pension.
. * AN INCREDIBLE NONSENSE !!!
BECAUSE IT IS THEM,
OUR CANADIAN SENIORS CITIZENS, WHO HAVE ACTUALLY PAID !
I have also heard that the government in Ottawa is clawing back on the Old Age Security Pensions. I'm looking into that now.Please let me know if you are aware of any cases where a pension has been reduced. Pensions are not reduced if the cost of living drops. It can only happen if your income increases beyond certain thresholds.